At St Catherine’s College, we have amazing and innovative students who have a strong vision for development of various aspects of the College and their education. We have a committed Student Leadership Committee, whose role is to come up with ideas for the future, as well as, offer guidance and suggestions on whole school plans.
Student led developments at the College have included:
- Our picnic area facilities, which have been an amazing resource for all of our students to use.
- The input into the design and style of the new uniform.
- Shaping our House System.
- Producing student friendly e-safety guidelines.
- Development of “Mission: Responsible” – tasking students to be responsible at home and in the community.
- Updating our rewards system.
We welcome students from Year 11 to apply to join the Student Leadership Committee. We also encourage students in other year groups to be part of our future Student Leader Programme. This ensures that we always have a good understanding of what our children need in order to achieve and become resilient learners.
Each year we appoint two Head Students from Year 11, as well as, Deputy Head Students, plus 12 Student Leaders. Our process for appointing to these roles is transparent, democratic and combines the views of both students and staff.