UNIFORM AND EQUIPMENT
We strive for the highest standards in all aspects of school life and believe that pupils should take pride in their appearance and their school. High standards of appearance are an important part of each pupil’s sense of values and are a preparation for the world outside school. Therefore, we have a clearly stated policy that all pupils are expected to wear full school uniform both whilst journeying to or from school and, of course, on site. The highest standards are maintained from the moment pupils enter the College and parents are expected to support the policy with regard to uniform.
- Plain white blouse or shirt (stiff collar with top button suitable for a tie, worn tucked in. The undergarment colour or pattern should not be visible)
- St Catherine’s College tie with House colour
- Black blazer with embroidered new college logo
- Black college trousers with embroidered college initials or tartan college skirt
- Unpatterned dark grey or black socks or natural or black tights
- Formal plain black leather (or leather type) shoes with closed toe and heels no higher than 5cm.
- Grey v neck jumper (optional)
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE UNIFORM FOR ANY PUPIL
- Denim or jeans or leggings or figure-hugging styles
- Any non-St Catherine’s College branded trousers
- Canvas shoes or sports-type shoes, eg. Vans
- Shoes with heels above 5cm or open toed or backless
- Trainers - except for PE
- Polo shirts
- Clothing with motifs, lettering or pictures of any kind, other than St Catherine’s College
- Zipped/hooded sports tops, jogging tops, non-uniform sweatshirts or cardigans
- Make-up (except for Year 10 and 11 pupils who may wear it discreetly)
- False eyelashes
- Nail Varnish
- False Nails
- Jewellery - if ears are pierced it is permitted to wear plain, small stud (no bigger than 3mm diameter) in each ear lobe
- Wrist bands
- Exaggerated hair styles (including shaved patterns, tramlines, close shaved, Mohican, etc); brightly coloured dyed hair; hair with coloured patterns or brightly coloured highlights
- Body piercing
- Any facial piercing and/or facial piercing retainer
- Fashion belts, coloured belts other than black
- Alterations that change the style of St Catherine’s College uniform
All items of uniform must be clearly marked with the pupil’s name. Any pupil incorrectly dressed will not be allowed into lessons and may not be admitted to the College.
We may confiscate items that are not uniform. Collection should be by parents/carers, from Student Services, at least 48 hours after confiscation.
PE/EXPRESSIVE ARTS UNIFORM
- Polo shirt with college logo
- Shorts with college logo
- Black football socks or white sport socks
- Football boots and shin pads
- Trainers (not black-soled)
- Jogging bottoms with college logo (optional)
- Training jacket with college logo (optional)
- Zip neck training top with college logo (optional)
- Base layer with college logo (optional)
- Plain black leggings
Students must ensure that they come to school fully equipped every day. This will help them be prepared to learn.
- Pupil diary
- Black, blue and green pens
- Pencil sharpener
- Pair of compasses
- Drywipe board pen
- Colouring pencils
- Glue stick
- Scientific calculator
- Reading book and /or revision guide
- English dictionary
- Mandarin/French/Spanish dictionary (depending on subject studied)
- Cycle helmet for bicycle users
Although hand sanitiser is widely available around the school site, students do have the option to bring their own hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes with them, if they wish.
Our uniform supplier is Price and Buckland. To order uniform, please use the following link:
Price and Buckland are currently offering free returns via Royal Mail. If you need to return an item visit their designated Free returns portal.