Read GOV.UK's guidance on what parents and carers need to know about schools and colleges during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
We would like to remind everyone that the primary COVID -19 symptoms are:
• A high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on chest or back
• A new continuous cough - coughing a lot for more than an hour or having three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
• Loss or change to your sense of taste and smell
We must all continue to err on the side of caution, especially around the Omicron variant which may present more like a Common Cold. If a pupil displays one or more of these symptoms, please carry out a Lateral Flow Test and seek medical advice. For families where this has been necessary, we remain grateful that you have kept in regular contact with the School.
There are extensive control measures in place at St Catherine’s College. These include:
- Separate zones (‘schools’) for each year group, each with their own entrance/exit, outdoor area, suite of classrooms and pastoral office.
- Good hand hygiene. Additional handwashing stations have been installed in each school; hand-sanitiser is available in every room.
- Face masks must be worn in all communal areas where social distancing cannot be guaranteed. They must also be worn if ever it is necessary to cross into another ‘school’. Masks would also be worn in classrooms when the Government issues additional temporary guidance to that effect.
- Extra cleaning regimes. Additional staff have been employed and specialist equipment & anti-viral products purchased.
- Good ventilation to ensure air is as fresh as possible.
- Regular testing to try and reduce the risk of the virus coming into school.
If you would like further information on the school’s COVID-19 management, please check the letters page and do not hesitate to contact us if necessary.